Everyday Peacemaking Online Course
Tired of being buffeted by conflict around you? Wondering what God is doing when peace is absent? Join this online course, which will help you focus on what God is doing in your everyday relationships and help you be someone who makes peace rather than fakes it or breaks it!
Allen is married to Jenny, they have 6 adult children, two grandchildren and live in the north-western suburbs of Sydney. He originally trained as a teacher but then went into the IT industry for over 20 years and completed an MBA along the way. He moved into the Christian not-for-profit world in 2007 where he has worked and voluntarily served in organisations such as BaptistCare, IntegriCare, Bedford College, the Baptist Assembly Council and PeaceWise, where he is the Chief Operations Officer. Allen has been a Christian since age 15 and has been a member at Parramatta Baptist Church since 1991. He is a peacemaking work-in-progress and looks forward to continuing his peacemaking journey through sharing the PeaceWise principles.
Second Trainer - to be advised
In this training, you will learn a simple framework for understanding and dealing with conflict
- gain powerful peacemaking principles and relational tools
- understand the biblical foundations of peace and reconciliation
- discover gracious ways to deal with difficult people
- have time to reflect upon your personal experience of conflict and peacemaking
- learn how you can begin supporting and building a culture of peace in your community/spheres of influence
- discover opportunities to glorify God, serve others and grow to be like Christ, even in the midst of conflict.
This level of training is suitable for all Christians as we work together to promote peacemaking in our own lives, families, workplaces, churches and communities.
For persons such as those in full time pastoral ministry, teachers or lawyers, if the content of the training is relevant to your professional development or continuing accreditation or education requirements you may claim one 'unit' for each hour of attendance, subject to the rules of the relevant programme.
Please be aware that the hard copy materials required for this course will be posted to all delegates upon registration. Please be aware that if you register within 7 days of the event we can not guarantee the materials will arrive before the event. Should this be the case we will supply an electronic version of the required materials.
Please note early bird discounts are automatically applied to tickets purchased at least 2 months prior to the event. Concession and repeat delegate discounts are applied at checkout. The repeat delegate pricing is only available to those who have completed the Everyday Peacemaking or the previous Personal Peacemaking course. Reduced rates cannot be combined.
Please note our cancellation policy:
Up to one month before the course – $25 admin fee
From 1 month to 1 week before the 1st day of training – 50% of the fee will be refunded.
Within one week before the course – no refund will be given*
* For serious illness or emergency, a fee credit will be supplied to be used within 1 year. Registrants are responsible for registering for future training with credit supplied.