Heart of Peacemaking Online Course
An improved ability to be a peacemaker and respond well to the challenge of conflict requires a deeper understanding of ourselves, our relationship with God and the deeper things which drive our responses to challenging situations.
Allen is married to Jenny, they have 6 adult children, two grandchildren and live in the north-western suburbs of Sydney. He originally trained as a teacher but then went into the IT industry for over 20 years and completed an MBA along the way. He moved into the Christian not-for-profit world in 2007 where he has worked and voluntarily served in organisations such as BaptistCare, IntegriCare, Bedford College, the Baptist Assembly Council and PeaceWise, where he is the Chief Operations Officer. Allen has been a Christian since age 15 and has been a member at Parramatta Baptist Church since 1991. He is a peacemaking work-in-progress and looks forward to continuing his peacemaking journey through sharing the PeaceWise principles.
Second Trainer - to be advised
In this online training you will:
- reflect upon and practise foundational principles and skills learned in Everyday Peacemaking.
- gain a deeper understanding of the role of the human heart in more serious conflicts
- discover a powerful tool to understand the drivers of your and others’ behaviours
- become better equipped to respond well to challenging people and situations
- engage further with principles of confession and forgiveness
- more seriously explore the concept of a culture of peace and how you can support it in your community/spheres of influence
This training is suitable for all Christians wanting to be more deeply equipped to respond in God-pleasing ways to be a peacemaker, reconcile relationships and address conflict in their own lives.
For persons such as those in full time pastoral ministry, teachers or lawyers, if the content of the training is relevant to your professional development or continuing accreditation or education requirements you may claim one 'unit' for each hour of attendance, subject to the rules of the relevant programme.
Please be aware that the hard copy materials required for this course will be posted to all delegates upon registration. Please be aware that if you register within 7 days of the event we can not guarantee the materials will arrive before the event. Should this be the case we will supply an electronic version of the required materials.
Early bird discounts are automatically applied to tickets purchased at least 2 months prior to the event. Concession and repeat delegate discounts are applied at checkout. The repeat delegate pricing is only available to those who have completed the Heart of Peacemaking course previously. Reduced rates cannot be combined.
Please note our cancellation policy:
Up to one month before the course – $25 admin fee
From 1 month to 1 week before the 1st day of training – 50% of the fee will be refunded.
Within one week before the course – no refund will be given*
* For serious illness or emergency, a fee credit will be supplied to be used within 1 year. Registrants are responsible for registering for future training with credit supplied.